ONE-WAY PASS (50min Tour)
City To Summit Shuttle | Departs Daily | 50 Minute One-Way Tour
The kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus departs daily from Hobart’s waterfront to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Rising 1270 metres above sea level, experience spectacular views over Hobart and southern Tasmania.
Great for bushwalkers and mountain bike riders. Use your One-Way Pass to do the 50 minute one-way tour to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Enjoy the natural beauty and serenity as you walk from kunanyi/Mt Wellington to Hobart on well-marked bushwalking tracks. OR, bring your own mountain bike for an exhilarating ride down the mountain.
The mountain features a surprisingly diverse landscape from shaded fern gullies to tall eucalypt forests and alpine boulder fields.
Enjoy professional and informative commentary from your driver as you learn all about the history and wildlife of Hobart’s beloved kunanyi/Mt Wellington, significant landmarks and local tips on what to see and do on the mountain.
kunanyi/MT WELLINGTON BUS STOPS
Fern Tree Park
Adult (17+ years): $25
Concession (Students/Seniors): $20
Child (6–16years): $15
Infant (<5 years): No charge
50 minute one-way tour from Hobart to kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
Walk from The Pinnacle to Hobart:
Approx. 3 hrs (13.6km)
Mountain bike from The Pinnacle to Hobart:
Approx. 1 hr (17.8km)
Opposite the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 4 Elizabeth Street in Hobart (outside the Hydro Tasmania building).
SUMMER (October – April)**: 9am*, 10.30am, 12pm, 1.30pm, 3pm. *No 9am departure on Saturday.
WINTER (May – September)**: 9.30am, 12pm, 2.30pm.
**Timetable may vary on snow days.
7 days a week, all year round.
Closed Christmas Day (25 December)
- One-Way Pass for kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus.
- Professional and informative commentary.
- Complimentary Wellington Park bushwalking map.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Pre-booking is essential for this tour.
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain – even snow is a possibility! Bring a warm jacket and check the weather before you go.
- Visit our Map & Timetable page to plan your day on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. There’s also a range of activities listed on our Bushwalking and Mountain Biking pages.
- There’s limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe at The Springs or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to include bike freight ($10 per bike) at the time of booking your bus pass, no less than 30 minutes prior to departure. On the day of travel, please allow plenty of time to make your way to Stop 1 – Brooke Street Pier to load your bike prior to departure.
- Our primary fleet of buses are wheelchair accessible. On the winter timetable all services are wheelchair accessible. However, on the summer timetable some services may not be wheelchair accessible. Please contact our booking office by phone on +61 3 6236 9116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm which departures are wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please let us know by filling in the “Special Requirements” field at the time of booking.