kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus is able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. We don’t mind if you bring your own bike or hire one from a local bike hire company. Please make sure to include bike freight ($10 per bike) at the time of booking.
- Stay safe on the mountain. kunanyi/Mt Wellington is a beloved natural playground for the people of Hobart and the many visitors who descend on Wellington Park every year. If you’re not prepared the weather conditions can be dangerous.
- Choose a mountain bike trail to suit your level of experience, the weather conditions and time available. Familiarise yourself with the route beforehand and let someone know your intentions and expected time of return. Find detailed track information at Greater Hobart Trails and Wellington Park Management Trust.
- Take a map with you. Shared use tracks on the eastern slopes of kunanyi/Mt Wellington are shown on the bushwalking map.
- Weather conditions can change quickly on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Cold temperatures, snow, low cloud, heavy rain and high winds are not uncommon, even in summer. Check the weather before you go.
- Some of the tracks in Wellington Park are shared with dog walkers and/or bike riders. Please respect each other, the track and the park. View the Track Users Code.
- Minimise your impact on the natural environment. Your actions today affect Wellington Park tomorrow.
MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAILS
Wellington Park provides a range of exciting biking experiences from road riding to advanced cross-country tracks. We’ve compiled a list of our favourites.
- Fern Tree to Silver Falls Loop
- Fern Tree to Neika
- North-South Track
- Glenorchy Mountain Bike Park via North-South Track.
Visit the Wellington Park Management Trust website for further trail information.
kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to include bike freight ($10 per bike) at the time of booking your bus pass, at least 30 minutes prior to departure. Bikes MUST be loaded at the Brooke Street Pier pick-up point at least 20 minutes prior to departure.
kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus are now offering FREE bike freight for greater Hobart residents with the purchase of an Explorer Pass, One-Way Pass or Mt Wellington + City Loop Combo. At the time of booking, passengers must show their current ID with residential address. For this purpose, we have identified greater Hobart residents are those living within 60kms of Hobart. Offer is not valid with the purchase of sectional fares.